Top 5 Reasons Why Overweight Women Have More Sex

Posted by Bill Cammack On November - 10 - 2008

United Press International recently posted that Dr. Bliss Kaneshiro and professor Marie Harvey published a report in Obstetrics & Gynecology which stated:

CORVALLIS, Ore., Oct. 31 (UPI) — Overweight women are more likely to report having sex with men than women considered to be of “normal weight,” U.S. researchers said.

So, of course, The Kid was like ” um… a DUH!… No Kidding? :D ” hahaha So then I read on…

UPI: The study, published in Obstetrics & Gynecology, contradicted widely held stereotypes that overweight and obese women are not as sexually active as other women. If anything, the researchers concluded the opposite seems to be true.

“These results were unexpected and we don’t really know why this is the case,” Kaneshiro said in a statement.

hahaha So since it’s not clear to the scientific community what’s going on in the real world, here are the top 5 reasons why overweight women have more sex:

1) Overweight women give it up easier

Even the guys that don’t know *ANYTHING* about women know that the worse she looks, the easier it is to have sex with her. Science has nothing to do with it, unless you count “path of least resistance”.

First of all, given an ordinary situation where an environment has overweight women and women of “normal weight” ( don’t complain to ME! It’s in the report! :D ), guys are going to go after the “normal” women… I mean ALL.OF.THE.GUYS are going to go after the “normal” women. They will pass by overweight women in order to kick it to the same “normal” woman that three or four guys are already surrounding. You know I’m right… You’ve seen it yourself! :D This leads to lots of instances of overweight women not getting on AT.ALL when they’re in a room full of men. This makes overweight women far less likely to pass up an invitation to get busy. It’s like the difference between handing someone a glass of water in the supermarket and handing them the same glass of water in the desert. It’s a WRAP!

This also leads us to #2…

2) Overweight women are more aggressive towards men

After a few dozen times of being ignored while their girlfriends come home with like eight numbers and got their drinks bought for them all night, overweight women get the clue that if they’re going to get some, they have to make it happen on their own. Therefore, you’re going to have way more overweight women than “normal” women pressing up on guys and trying to give them some. Guys aren’t too likely to pass up free and easy sex, so the deal was pretty much done as soon as she decided she was going to give it up to SOMEBODY tonight.

3) Overweight women have lower self-esteem

As good as our patriarchal society is at convincing women that they’re sluts and whores, it’s even better at convincing women that they don’t look good. This is useful so that they can sell women makeup, new clothes all the time, new shoes, weight-loss programs, other drugs, therapy, gym memberships, etc, etc. Every so many years, a body type is decided upon that’s attractive, and everyone else sucks. Lately, they’ve been convincing women that they’re supposed to look like starving, drug-addicted, bulimic models, when the United States is now like the most overweight nation in the entire galaxy.

Hopefully, at some point, they’ll start teaching women to look as good AS THEY CAN based on how they look right now instead of trying to get them to look like someone else with a completely different body type. Until that time, the pressure that they put on women that look AT ALL different from the prototype of what they have decided is an attractive woman makes overweight women much easier to convince to lay down……. or get on the kitchen table or whatever you had planned for your evening.

The ‘funny’ thing is that guys don’t realize that ATTRACTIVE women have low self-esteem as well, so they’re really just as easy. This leads us to #4…

4) Guys are not intimidated to ask overweight women for sex

Guys are just as afraid of rejection as gals are. Unfortunately for guys, most of the time, it’s US that has to step to the chick and let her know what time it is. Because guys have to do all the work, they’re going to choose their battles. The easier they think it’s going to be to get on, the less nervous they’ll be, and the more likely they’ll be to press up on the chick and let her know what they want.

Consequently, overweight women get more propositions for sex than “normal” women.

This is what most likely confused the good doctors! :D They would think that the more attractive a woman is, the more propositions she gets. That’s not true. The more attractive she is, the more intimidated guys are to kick it to her and the FEWER propositions she gets. Meanwhile, since guys don’t really care one way or the other whether overweight women give them some or not, it’s easier for them to kick that game, because if she doesn’t go for it… who cares? :D

5) “Normal” women are too busy blackmailing guys into “relationships” to get laid

Women basically do the same thing men do… Regardless of what women look like, they want to hook up with the top guys. They all want to have that picket-fence, two-car-garage fantasy with a guy that’s attractive and makes money and doesn’t cheat on them, blah blah blah. While that’s not readily available to overweight women, “normal” women have TOO MANY CHOICES available to them, which stifles their progress in getting laid.

Having several viable suitors simultaneously available forces women into a state of choosing the best one. This delays her getting laid until she weeds out the competition. Once she narrows it down to one guy and updates her Facebook status to claim that she’s in a relationship, she THEN has to delay having sex with him until she’s sure he wants her for her mind………… Yeah… Right! :D

After that, she gets to have sex with him until she figures out he’s been cheating on her and then after she dumps him, she has to go through her traditional mourning period of 1/3 the time that she was IN the relationship with him before she starts the cycle all over with multiple suitors that she’s actively avoiding having sex with.

Meanwhile, overweight women don’t suffer under such delusions and illusions and are free to live their lives as life presents itself to them. ‘Matter of fact, as I mentioned above, they’re ACTIVELY seeking guys to have sex with. :) On top of that, with their increased amount of time in the octagon, overweight women are more likely to attain at least one sexual skill that she can get a dude SPRUNG with (aka “pussywhipped”). This is why, a lot of times, dudes step to overweight women intending to ‘hit it and quit it’ and end up falling for the okey-doke! hahahaha :D

This, of course, leads to his breakup with the “normal” chick he was dating, because he only intended to have sex with the overweight woman until his girlfriend “came around” and started giving it up. Ah Well… C’est La vie!

So anyway… Those are the five BLATANTLY OBVIOUS reasons why overweight women have more sex. I’ve GOT to mention, though that UPI saved the DUMBEST LINE of the entire article for the very end:

UPI: “This study indicates that all women deserve diligence in counseling on unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted disease prevention, regardless of body mass index,” Kaneshiro said.

ummmm… WHAT? You needed a STUDY to figure THAT out???? smh :D

~Bill

DatingGenius Category: billcammack.com/category/datinggenius
Subscribe to DG!: feeds.feedburner.com/BillCammackDatingGenius

46 Responses to “Top 5 Reasons Why Overweight Women Have More Sex”

1. As usual, @BillCammak distills some dating myths down 2 true truths. This time: An overweight gal’s advantages http://tinyurl.com/5c56f8

2. haldol says:

listen bill, this fattest people in the galaxy thing is no fault of our own. our gravitational pull is no reason to pick on the chubbies. all the beautiful fat chicks would be 9% lighter on venus.which i guess would probably translate to 9% less action in the sack… trade-offs i suppose.

3. Bill Cammack says:

@haldol: lol yeah, I’ve gotten a few really good additions to this post, including:

6) Two symptoms of sexual abuse are eating disorders and promiscuity.

7) There was no mention of cultural differences, such as groups that see thicker women as sexier and therefore are more likely to have sex with women that this study would classify as overweight.

8) Perhaps women that aren’t so concerned with trying to look like models are more down to earth and fun people to spend time with, causing guys to be more likely to want to have sex with them than crabby-yet-attractive women.

9) The women they classified as overweight might have had larger, more curvaceous T&A, again leading to more guys wanting to have sex with them than girls who physically resemble boys.

So, even though people are scared to comment, I’ve been getting a lot of feedback on the back channels, hahaha :D

• Tina says:

No. 6, doesn’t that go for men also?

6) Two symptoms of sexual abuse are eating disorders and promiscuity.

Interesting question, Tina. I have no idea. I tried googling some search terms, but I either came up with links to CSA or to “male eating disorders”, just meaning guys that eat too much and become overweight/obese.

If you have any links, please add them to this discussion. Thanks. :D

4. Cathleen Rittereiser says:

All these years of dieting, exercising, bingeing and purging in order to get me some and now I find out I had it all wrong???!!! Bring on the Haagen Dazs!

5. Bill Cammack says:

@Cathleen: lolol, THAT’S THE SPIRIT! :D

See, the HD gets you two benefits. First of all, you feel really good about yourself…. reeeeeeeally GOOD about yourself! ;) [note to self: start taking a poll on which flavors women find most effective]. Second, the ice cream will add just enough “junk” to your “trunk” to put you in that “L.A. Face With An Oakland Bootie” category that will get you more action!

Maybe you could videoblog your transformation, like that film “Super Size Me” and show how many more raps you get as you become more voluptuous!

However… Another issue with that report is that they didn’t make any distinction about the QUALITY of the sex. :( It’s easy for women in general to get laid by “any-old-dude” that happens to want to get laid, but that doesn’t mean that that guy knew what he was doing and really showed her a good time. So it’s a distinct possibility that the increase in QUANTITY of sex for overweight women doesn’t come with an increase in QUALITY, so you might be better off getting your MODEL-DIET on! :D

6. Steve says:

“falling for the okey-doke!” I just about fell out of my seat laughing!
    Anyway, what’s up with these scientists!?!? I coulda’ whipped out this study out in one evening out on the town in the real world. Or while on the couch watching Lost on DVD. @Bill: As far as point number 7 in your follow up, it’s likely the study only focused on Western or North American Caucasians reflecting the scientists own “ethnic bias”. Just a bunch of dudes applying the scientific method to getting laid. Lol. Anyway, sounds like a slow day at Ob/Gyn magazine or whatever. :)
    OT: Can anyone explain to me how skinny/fat is attractive? Looks like an arm, feels like a bag of custard?

7. Bill Cammack says:

@Steve: hahaha Yeah, the whole thing seemed rudimentary, and then, at the end, saying, basically “NOW we know that we should give overweight women counseling, because we didn’t figure before this study that anyone was planning to hit it”, that’s just stupid! :D

Anyway, yeah, they probably only made their selections based on one body-type, and not a curvy one at that.

It’s funny to see chicks running around town crying that they’re 115 pounds and trying to lose 10, when there are chicks rockin’ 130 and even *160* PROPPAH… like ” BLAUUUUUU… How Ya Like Me NOW? :D “. It’s actually all about being healthy and shapely, but like I said in the post, that doesn’t sell diet plans and exercise tapes! :D

8. Steve says:

My bad, this report was by two women. Apologies, I skimmed. Hmmm… I wonder what their body mass indexes are?

9. Bill Cammack says:

@Steve: Judging by their own terminology, I would assume they’re both

“normal”

hahahaha :D

10. [...] more drinks bought for them than unattractive women. Of course, unattractive women have more sex, for the reasons I already outlined, but that has nothing to do with [...]

11. honey says:

I believe Dove came out with the “real women” look which is more body fat. I believe they had a campaign to show what real women looked like. that didnt last long…..

12. honey says:

dove soap not dove chocolates, ha!

13. Joe Cool says:

I prefer the full-figured woman, personally…skinny chicks can be too easily-mistaken for dudes IMHO. Additionally, many full-figured women that I’ve seen have *beautiful* faces, *beautiful* curves, and *beautiful* personalities. FWIW, I’m an average guy, I guess – 5′, 5″, 175 lbs, average looks.

@Steve’s OT: I don’t know how to explain my attraction to overweight women. Maybe I watched too much TV as a kid and now have an ingrained stereotype of skinny chicks as (generally) vain, conceited, gold-digging, and that they use sex as a weapon.

Hey Joe. Thanks for the comments. :)

You’re actually in an advantageous position. Being that you actually LIKE women that a lot of guys shun or treat as invisible, there’s really an endless supply of women for you that aren’t being taken care of in a way that satisfies them.

There’s nothing wrong with curves. It’s all about proportion… Well, not *ALL*, but very much MOSTLY about proportion. Obese is Obese, but there are lots of women who have junk in the trunk or bounce to the ounce that are extremely attractive and keep themselves in pristine condition.

BTW haha Don’t bother trying to explain away being a “chubby-chaser”. :) People like what they like. Just becasue models have to be built like boys in order to fit in the clothes the designers make doesn’t make them the standard of beauty or womanhood.

• Steve says:

Hey Joe, in regards my OT there’s a physique type among younger women called skinny/fat whereby the chick looks relatively thin (due to under eating) but has absolutely no muscle tone under the surface (due to lack of exercise) so they’re just all kinda thin but flabby, and saggy. I’d prefer a woman who understands what proper diet and exercise is all about and can lift up the other end of my couch when I want to rearrange furniture. :-D

Chase what ya’ like, bruh. :-) My starting point is a woman who’s thoughtful and can crack me up, in addition to being cute. That goes pretty far in those odd, weird times when a dude doesn’t want to have sex! ;-)

14. Tina says:

Hummmmm. I am five ft seven and 214lbs. I always have been “fat” or “curvy” or now the new word “voluptuous”. I have no excuse. I can walk, hike and swim without sounding like a blowtorch at 4000 elevation I am happy. It has taken me 55 years total of coming to grip with making “me” happy and not to worry about the rules others try to impose. I am first. So no matter what someone else wants for their mate, I am sure they will find what they want. As for the sex, earlier in life I found the guys wanted to screw me but married the “SB’s” and then would call me afterward crying.

oh well! be careful what you ask for you just might get it. ha!

Thanks for the comments, Tina. :)

I think you hit on an important point here, which is that guys are quick to believe that good sex = good relationship. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. If you can’t communicate with each other and don’t see eye-to-eye on many things, you might just be making yourself miserable if you dump a cool gal so you can mess with a hotter chick.

I haven’t really gotten into this much, because guys have enough trouble GETTING ON as-is. Mid-game and end-game stuff is way down the road.

Actually another excellent point is making sure that you’re satisfied with YOURSELF before trying to be satisfied by someone else. That’s good advice for women OR men. :D

15. Tina says:

Yepper, it sure is very very good advice! If you are not happy with yourself no one can make you happy!

16. Joe Cool says:

@Tina:

5′, 7″ and 214? You sound *killer*! What you said about the guys marrying the SBs and then crying to you later is absolutely priceless! I love it :)

I wasn’t asking (or looking, for that matter) but I did receive; I found a 5′, 2″ 170-lb blonde BOMBSHELL early last summer, and life once again has purpose. She says that she’d like to lose a little, but she loves the way that I make her feel.

Thanks, Bill – I’m glad that I stumbled upon this!

No problem, Joe. Thanks for stopping in. :)

It’s funny that you mention 5’2″/170lbs. Women put so much focus on their weight without being concerned about their proportion. It’s really ridiculous.

You have women that already have no body and are worried about LOSING another 5-15 lbs, depending on their self-esteem that day, and you’re like “um… Where do you intend to lose these pounds FROM?”. Then you have women that are heavier, except they’re DENSE. Not “dense” as in stupid, but for lack of a medical term, they have more filler, yet it’s quality filler.

So it really doesn’t matter how much a chick weighs, compared to how it looks on her, how she carries it and how she accessorizes. So there are lots of chicks that are 6’0″ and 170lbs that look like GAHBAGE! and chicks that may be able to pull off that much weight @ 5’2″.

A friend of mine has been playing this game with herself for years. 5’3″, and depending on whether she’s 130 or 115 she feels WACK or HAWT. It’s really something to see. I’ve never bothered to tell her she’s always looked exactly the same to me *shrug*, she has a flat stomach or she doesnt and her face is a little fuller or it isn’t, but other than that, all her beefing over 15 lbs has been a colossal waste of her time for her entire life.

• Joe Cool says:

I apologize, Bill; I failed to mention that this woman has *beautiful* curves (to me, anyway). You’re exactly right about (many) women focusing on the weight without so much as a fleeting thought of proportion. The woman that I’m seeing has – for some time – been somewhat caught up in society’s definition of a woman, but I think that I’m making some progress in changing that. I’m fine with whatever she does, but she needs to do it for *her* instead of conforming to someone (or something) else’s definition of what’s “in”.

I agree with what I’ve read from you thus far! Hopefully I’ll be seeing some input here from these truly beautiful full-figured women.

• Tina says:

Congrats on your find Joe! Thanks for the compliment also! I believe my body is “killer” also!

Are you a small in stature and weight guy? Most little men are automatically drawn to me for some reason. But that is another subject matter! lol
      p.s. you know the skinny guys…..they do love some big women!

• Joe Cool says:

Thanks, Tina :)

Hm…I’d call me average-ish. 5′ 5″, 175 lbs, 32″ waist. I don’t know how to explain why I love full-figured women because *I* don’t know why; their curves are just *killer*.

17. Shameka says:

This is funny. I seem to have a knack for being the exception to the rules.

1. I’ve been celibate (by choice) for several years now. I know my goodies are too spectacular to waste pleasuring someone who isn’t looking for a transcendental connection.
    2. I have this bad habit of turning into the shy teenager with a huge crush when I begin developing romantic interest in an individual.
    3. I love myself beyond any description words could offer because I know how phenomenal I am.
    4. Men often confess, after realizing I’m a big ball of mush & I’m always honest, their reluctance to express any romantic interest for two reasons. A) They were intimidated by my personality (See#3) B) They didn’t believe I was single (Again, see #3) Hahaha…
    5. See #1

Everyone’s sex life is unique. I’m just one fat chick out of many.
    What the article doesn’t address that I am curious to know is the marital status & ages of the women surveyed. I’m certain the sex life of a young single overweight/obese woman varies widely from that of an older married overweight/obese woman. It would be irresponsible research to not take that into account before proposing theories.

Enough with my preaching. Thank you…
    This was entertaining. :)

Hey Shameka. Thanks for the comments. :)

Being that the whole point of “the game” is to get on, I don’t believe I’ve even MENTIONED celibacy since I started this blog hahaha. I’ll have to see if I can figure out a post to write about it.

I hear what you’re saying about “transcendental connection”, and, yeah… Guys that aren’t trying to get involved for the long haul need to know that you feel this way ahead of time, or they’re going down a potentially rocky path. :)

This is true that they didn’t mention ages of women involved. Most of the time, these surveys are for “entertainment purposes only” hahaha. I mean they take themselves seriously, but they’re really only fodder for people to make humorous posts.

The main issue here for me is that depending on what culture you’re in, weight and size and shape and proportion and curves are seen differently. Some people like flat asses and some people like more bounce to the ounce. Depending on who’s doing the survey, they’re going to call one woman skinny and the other one fat, when within their own culture, BOTH of them might be FOYINE! :D

18. Tina says:

When talking about “getting on” or “being screwed” as it sounds like what you are talking about Bill, does this include having a relationship or are you specifically talking about “getting some”.

I learned just recently from a guy friend that “some” women are utilizing “sport fu****g. (Arizona)
    Ages 30-45, women who are career orientated or just plain busy who call a guy they know or whom they have met and tell them to come over and then tell them to leave when they are finished. Being old school it sounds similiar to late night booty calls, or a friend with benefits.

Has anyone heard of this. I am not in this age group nor interested in this new movement so I have no clue. Men will have to court me or go elsewhere where they can “get on” faster.
    IMHO more experienced men and women are saying I would rather be by myself than to be with a butt head or catch a std/disease. That is something you should write about if you haven’t: how to stay protected. (and jumping in and out of bed is not a good idea with herpes being able to be contacted when the person doesn’t even have the signs (bumps/rash). “However, most individuals with HSV-2 infection never have sores, or they have very mild signs that they do not even notice or that they mistake for insect bites or another skin condition.”
    So that means that more palms are being used and more vibrators being bought. an aha moment …what an investment opportunity!
    In parting “get on” at your own risk. I think my life is more important than immediate gratification and should be to someone who really cares about me. I think my Dad was way ahead of all sex education when he said, “Martina you have the unique opportunity to be able to please yourself sexually. All women can.” I think more and more these words are ringing home for me.

19. Bill Cammack says:

Hey Tina. :)

Getting on is “doing the do”. Relationships and sex are completely separate issues. So is sex and love, while we’re on the topic.

“The Game” is all about guys getting what they want out of life. Most of the time, that’s girls. That might also be money… Anyway… The point I was making is that I don’t believe I’ve brought up celibacy so far in my blog, because the only reason to bring it up would be to figure out how to circumvent it.

See, for the most part, women give sex to get relationships and men give relationships to get sex. I never even considered celibacy while I’ve been writing, but I will, going forward…

What you mention is definitely a booty call. :D The fact of the matter is that women that have careers and don’t have a lot of free time want to get theirs and not be bothered with the extraneous elements of relating to a guy. This is especially true if they make more money than he does and have no intention of ever getting into a “serious relationship” with him, as they’re holding out for a guy that makes more than they do, which is typical.

The reason why more experienced people say they would rather be themselves is that they’ve already tried the alternative. They’ve already put on the facade that gets them laid quickly, and what they found is that they engineered defective relationships with people that they would have been better off never having sex with in the first place.

As far as STDs, there isn’t much to write other than if you’re in the game, that’s one of the potential and LIKELY consequences. All I can say is for people to be courteous and respectful of the next person they mess with and let them know IF and WHEN you were last tested (for whatever) so they can make an educated decision about whether they want to hook up with you or not.

Totally Agreed, re: “Get On at your own risk”. This is especially important for women. Thanks for bringing this up, Tina. I think it’s a really important topic. :)

20. Gladys says:

WOW it is really interesting reading things from a guys perspective. I might have to do some work on the topic THE QUEST TO GETTING LAID: What are the costs? I mean seriously. This article is just sad sad sad. I think by now we need to know that you can’t judge yourself by the media, easier said then done I know.

I think the media is actually doing a bit more to accept different sizes of women, but it still have a long way to go.

There is life out there for all sizes for women, take your time, and work on yourself, confidence will take you at least 60% of the way. Oh and ladies no matter what size you are, don’t sleep with a guy who hasn’t made a commitment to you.

Especially if you know deep down inside that all he wants from you is sex. Determinately beyond a reasonable doubt do not sleep with a man if you are not in love with yourself and your body. Sex will make feel good for a few minutes but the good feelings you will get from taking care of yourself, will last forever. Sounds cheesy I know, but it is the truth.

haha The media’s doing nothing about female images. They tried that “Dove Campaign” for a minute, but that fell off quickly, probably under massive protest from people that didn’t feel like seeing women in underwear plastered all over the subways in NYC.

Also, it’s not so simple as “knowing deep down inside that all he wants from you is sex”. There are a lot of women that don’t get touched or spoken to AT ALL except by guys that are trying to have sex with them, so it’s not so easy for them to separate physical attention from affection.

Thanks for the comments, Gladys :D

• Tina says:

not cheesy but incorrect. guys will tell you anything including that they are committed to you, to get some. So please do not go by that!

Yeah. It’s all in the game. That’s the point that I’m USUALLY trying to make. :)

The reason women can’t figure out what happened to their relationships is that they’re not aware of what was REALLY going on the entire time.

If YOU think the guy likes you for your mind, and you ask him and he TELLS YOU he likes you for your mind and then your body-type changes and he dumps you, don’t bother trying to figure out what changed about his “feelings” for you. He just didn’t feel like tappin’ that anymore and bounced.

21. Gladys says:

I think the media is doing something. There are the bra commercials that show heavier women I think they are fruit of the loom, and the dove campaign is still going on. They are focusing their workshops on younger girls.

I do have to admit the media still have a long way to go.

I think that there is a time in every woman’s life when she will get confused as to what a man wants from her, but if that is happening often you need to take a break and figure out what is going on inside you.

Women who often confuse attention for affection are seeking to fill a void, so any guy that comes her way she will attempt to use him to fill her empty spaces, but we all know how that ends.

As far as what the media’s doing, there’s a difference between “Don’t feel bad about yourself because you’re out of shape” and “You look *attractive* when you’re out of shape”.

Also, those Dove Campaign ads, at least the ones that *I* saw and the ones that come up on google didn’t try too hard to find *obese* women, which are very easy to find in the USA. What they showed were women that “aren’t skinny”.

On top of that, it’s not like they put these unskinny women in any type of flattering gear and tried to pass them off as traditional models. It looks more like someone left the door open at the locker room.

As far as women confusing attention for affection, sometimes, a sistah has to “get in where she fit in”, and take what she can get. Yes, we all know how that ends, but it’s better to have loved and lost, right? :D

• Tina says:

Now that is just plain wrong. “sometimes a sistah has to get in where she fit in”

You mean just open up yourself to be screwed and screwed over just for the hell of it?
        I do not think so. the emotional roller coaster aint worth it and the guy just might get physically hurt when he does that to someone who um cant take the “just let me get on” mentality.
        Its why you find so much domestic abuse. That attitude fosters that behavior.

My point is that people are just as negatively affected by being isolated and becoming hermits as they are from getting into relationships that don’t work out the way they want them to. Does that make sense?

There’s only so much Haagen-Dazs a gal can eat before she begins to long for the human touch.

Similarly, if guys are isolated too long without “being involved” with someone, they start developing extremely primitive and antisocial behavior patterns. It’s like they forget how to be courteous, because there’s nobody to be courteous TO, and they forget how to handle a woman, because they never get their hands on women.

I’m not saying to deliberately jump into obviously bad relationships. I’m saying that if a chick can’t get any raps, she’s going to make herself available to a guy, and even though she MIGHT get taken advantage of, sometimes, that’s the change she’s got to take as opposed to facing continued isolation.

I agree with you that the “just let me get on” mentality could lead to ugly situations, but, again, it’s all in the game. It’s not like guys actually SAY they’re gonna hit it & quit it. They just DO it.

The best deal, obviously, is to get to know people before getting physically involved with them so you can lessen your chances of getting used and becoming jaded.

• Joe Cool says:

Bill, Bill, *BILL*! I can’t thank you ENOUGH for that picture! Couple of ‘em are a little too thin for my taste, but I still love the pic.

Having made the comments that I’ve made thus far, I’ll see if I can comment more intelligently this evening; my job makes it tough to sit still for long.

• Joe Cool says:

I *LOVE* that FOTL commercial! LOVE. IT. I found some of them at YouTube, but I can’t find the one to which Gladys refers…*please* let me know if someone happens upon it.

22. Gladys says:

We need to to focus on health and I am glad the dove commercials don’t have obese women on there. Being obese is not healthy, if you have a medical condition that is making you obese, then I sympathize. However, if you don’t have a medical condition, then you need to focus on being healthy and stop feeling sorry for yourself.

There should be no reason why a woman looks to a man to make her feel good when all she has to do is loose weight and learn to be healthy to start feeling good about herself. Oh and I do realize that all women have their own body types. I am 5’2, and a size 7-8 and no matter what I do I will never become a size 0, but guess what I don’t want to be a size 0. I love my hips. I know I am very far away from cardio fitness, but those are the things I am working on.

I won’t date an overweight man, not unless he is in the process of losing weight and becoming healthy. It is all about health. Besides if a person is over weight for non-medical reasons it also reflects on their personality and their frame of mind. I value self control.

I agree that health is key, however, The Dove Campaign for Real Beauty website (http://www.dove.us/#/cfrb/experts/) states:

“The Dove Campaign for Real Beauty was inspired by a global study, The Real Truth About Beauty. The study found that women around the world believe that the definition of beauty has become limiting and unattainable – as if only thin, young and blond are beautiful. And, today’s narrow definition of beauty is having a profound effect on the self-esteem of women:…”

So The Dove Campaign has nothing to do with health at all.

23. Gladys says:

I beg to differ Bill the Dove campaign s geared towards mental health. Self-esteem and all of the feel good things are mental.

24. Tina says:

Joe, I knew a guy your size maybe a little lighter 5’6 and 155lbs, he looked great won the seniors boxing national trophy in Michigan at 60, runs and works out everyday, even when its below zero. He has lots of self control but was not healthy. less fat is not the only variable for being healthy. He had high blood pressure and high cholesterol but my he sure did look good! He looked healthy! So healthy is not only defined by loss of weight.
    How does fat women equals unhappiness and low self esteem, not all fat women have low self-esteem, or sleep around. Yes obesity is more of a risk for your health. In a perfect world everyone would be healthy. However we as a people are far from perfect, so anyone’s health is not going to be perfect. Keep living and get on the other side of 50 and you will definitely know this for a fact. You will find DNA and earlier lifestyle choices (before anyone started thinking of living a healthier lifestyle) plays a part in what befalls anyone’s body later in life. However we do what we can do (make better choices), that is all we can do.

• Joe Cool says:

I used to be at 155, but I graduated high school and stopped running track (sprinted for six years, grades 7-12). I have a little while yet before I’ll be regretting earlier choices even though I’m a fossil at 36, so I don’t think much about it (although I’m sure that you’re right).

I never did conform to anyone’s definition of ‘beauty’ – I like what I like for my own reasons. If my views happen to coincide with those of society or individual, so be it, but I arrived at them on my own.